About Our Teams:
The Wayfair Transportation Execution Team is looking to add a Dispatch and Freight Associate to help support the growth of their linehaul network! This person will be responsible for the daily planning and execution of our Pool-point and regional multi-stop truckload and LTL movements within a defined regional footprint in the US. Candidate will utilize extensive knowledge of distribution and supply chain processes, to create efficiencies that drive velocity and reduce spend.. This person will also be expected to identify and manage quality external transportation partners to create lasting value add.
In this position, you will:
- Create a daily dispatch/loadout plan for the Wayfair Ops team to ensure timely movement of merchandise. This will be done through use of both systemic and manually developed solutions.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to provide a 360-degree view of merchandise flow. Identify and communicate any exception/at-risk shipments, and develop/offer solutions to ensure timely flow of goods.
- Manage carrier partners to ensure daily execution of all movements, review performance and cost metrics, and develop/design improvements to the supply chain, based on volume forecasts and business priorities. Serve as the key operational stakeholder in carrier business reviews.
- Develop/Map/Benchmark Wayfair Middle Mile SOP’s and KPI’s to be implemented across the Middle Mile Transportation network.
- Work with Wayfair building operations team to identify opportunities to improve metrics/ reduce damage.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3-5 years of Logistics Experience- preferably in a transportation planning role or operational cross dock environment. Will consider appropriately qualified candidates in lieu of college degree.
- Highly responsive. Proven track record in building relationships and handling operational exceptions with appropriate communication, and levels of engagement.
- Highly analytical. Ability to work with large and complex data sets to draw/summarize conclusions.
- Experience with JDA, Oracle, Manhattan or similar TMS, as well as PC Miler or similar, highly desirable. Experience with SQL preferred but not required.
- Excellent critical thinker and problem solver. Demonstrated examples of process improvement and KPI measurement that translated into hard savings.
- Strong communication skills. Able to clearly define complex thoughts in writing. Able to adjust communication style and level of detail to flex between senior executives through front line associates.