Facility Floor Cleaner
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- Operate Dock Stockers, Forklifts, Electric Palette Jacks, Floor Scrubber machines and other industrial equipment as needed. Clean equipment after each use.
- Manually lift, move, stack, organize or dispose of bad pallets and empty large 55-gallon trash cans daily. Continuous heavy lifting is involved
- Sweep, mop, wipe down, wipe off and detail clean areas as directed
- Assist cleaning restrooms, break rooms, offices, etc. as needed
- Assist Facility Mechanics as needed or assigned.
- Utilize equipment in efforts to move materials and keep the facility floors clean
- Use equipment to move product and put away in proper locations, load and unload trailers, etc.
- Remove trash from floors, empty all trash cans, sweep, mop, etc.
- Pick up trash in parking lots, sweep with broom, etc.
- Work effectively with peers and managers. Follow direction of Mechanics and Facilities Manager
- Work safely at all times.
- Abide to Facilities department dress code.
- Safety shoes required at all times
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
What You'll Need
- 6 months’+ Dock Stocker, Floor Scrubber or Forklift experience
- Must be able to work on warehouse floor at least 8 hours a day or more
- Strong, consistent work ethic
- Work all scheduled hours and all scheduled shifts without interruption
- Daily Heavy lifting
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.