This is a temporary, in office role in our Brunswick facility. The duration of this role is 3+ months, with a potential opportunity to become permanent. Flexible hours offered Monday-Friday.
The Wayfair Community Experience Team oversees office community builds, space design and operations for 10,000+ Wayfairians in our offices around the globe. As a Workplace Services Associate, you will report directly to the Site Lead. You will be responsible for coordinating and completing tasks associated with the day-to-day physical operations of the Brunswick, ME site. The primary objective is to ensure a safe, clean, warm, welcoming, and efficient environment for our employees while promoting the Wayfair culture. You will work directly with a variety of vendors and employees, consistently presenting themselves in a professional and helpful manner.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with all deliveries and stock office supplies, snacks, coffee, soda, and fruit
- Arrange/tidy conference rooms
- Clean and organize kitchens and kitchenettes
- Have the ability to respond to work orders and place work orders in the system
- Assist with badging for new employees
- Assemble and move furniture
- Survey all office areas and identify any maintenance concerns
- Assist with the coordination, set-up, and take-down of meetings and events
- Promote and nurture Wayfair culture to local employees
- Be proactive in communicating to stakeholders and across departments
- Ability to facilitate Workplace Services and Safety Orientation to all new hires, when requested
- Able to work off hours when required
- Report regularly and effectively to the Site Lead on all aspects of site operations
- Support Site Lead with administrative tasks and reporting
- Be prepared to respond professionally and appropriately in an emergency, inclement weather conditions, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Site Lead
What You’ll Need:
- Strong customer service orientation and sense of ownership and urgency on all site matters
- 2-3 years’ experience in a corporate setting
- Professional demeanor and presence
- Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Organized with the ability to calmly juggle competing priorities
- Basic computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work as a productive and flexible team member; adaptable
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to walk/bend for extended periods of time
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.