Who We Are:
Are you passionate about operations and process improvement? Are you excited about the opportunity to help build a new group that is going to be part of the team that shapes an entire industry? Are you looking to hit the ground running and have an immediate impact in a highly visible role? If so, you could be a great fit for Wayfair’s Operational Excellence team within the rapidly growing fulfillment and logistics operation.
Wayfair’s future-state fulfillment network is expected to scale to 3x the size of today’s network by 2023. Our Operational Excellence team will be the team that enables the continuous improvement of our physical processes across sites, helps establish a culture of waste elimination and defect reduction across the organization, and acts as a central interface & process experts for other stakeholders across the Wayfair organization.
We are looking for talented, self-motivated and entrepreneurial leaders with demonstrated capabilities to join our Operational Excellence team. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. A desire to be where the work is happening and to roll-up your sleeves and partner with our front line teams is a must. The candidate must also be able to develop trusting relationships with key cross functional teams, command strong senior presence, and build a team of high performing OpEx managers passionate about improving processes and building a culture of continuous improvement.
We aspire to build a world class team and are open to different backgrounds. The ideal candidate will have an affinity to technology and experience with lean management and or operational leadership with a background in consulting, site/front line leadership, or industrial engineering preferably in E-Commerce fulfillment or manufacturing environments.
What You'll Do
- Develop robust, trusting relationships with key stakeholders and senior leadership, and identify opportunity to improve the fulfillment center operations.
- Oversee the overall safety, employee engagement, collaboration, quality, performance and customer experience of the fulfillment center operations
- Create and maintain a strong safety culture that continuous seeks to eliminate risks from the operation
- Command a strong senior presence, lead and build a team of high performing operations managers & operations supervisors
- Drive creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other Lean initiatives to enable their functional area and ultimately the fulfillment center to meet and exceed business plans
- Partner closely with a variety of groups company- wide, including transportation, S&OP, data integration, employee engagement, inventory planning, engineering and others to coordinate cross functional projects
- Monitor and drive key performance end to end metrics to ensure that we are providing excellent customer experience and delivering on our promise
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes and technology which make our teams more efficient and effective
- Support operational strategy and innovation to drive business goals for revenue, operational performance, and profitability
- Manage multiple priorities in a face-paced environment with effective communication and thorough follow through
- Establish sound process improvement initiatives that drive year over year improvement, as well as streamline and optimize day-to-day operations
- Regularly communicate performance trends and improvements to the organization
What You'll Need
- Experience with complex operational, process, and performance improvement projects (lean or six sigma experience highly valued) including process mapping and process re-design
- 5+ years of e-commerce, supply chain, operations, or logistics experience
- Strong process, manufacturing, or engineering background with an ability to understand work flow and throughput in the operation
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan
- Proven ability as a passionate people-centric leader who can effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company
- Demonstrate passion and continued focus of safety as a value rather than just a priority
- Able to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize projects to delegate tasks appropriately
- Demonstrate leadership in building a culture of Continuous Improvement for process and operations
- Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data to further develop, recommend and implement solutions
- Technologically savvy, collaborative confident leader, familiarity with google suite products a plus
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented