Forecasting Analyst, Forecasting & Analytics
The Forecasting and Analytics (F&A) team sits under the Workforce Management umbrella within the Operations org. Other teams under Workforce Management that F&A communicates with are Scheduling and Real-Time Operations. F&A responsibilities lie primarily with projecting headcount need as well as forecasting contact demand. This position will focus on supporting contact forecasting efforts and be provided exposure to leadership via communication of key results on a consistent basis. Wayfair being a customer-oriented company, strongly depends on the performance of F&A contact forecasts in order to satisfy customer demand. Effective and successful management of workforce resources starts with accurate and timely forecasts. The Scheduling and Real-time Operations teams within Workforce Management heavily relies on F&A projections to sufficiently deploy resources to handle customer need. Our forecasting work is felt across 2 markets (US and Europe) and may expand to more with each market providing different dynamics. The ideal candidate possesses sound business and statistical acumen, demonstrating the ability to analyze a data series to produce forecasts and assess the future projections. Strong communication skills, innovative thinking and comfort with large data sets in a fast-paced environment are integral factors to success.
What You'll Do
- Use statistical time-series modeling (i.e. Decomposition, Holt-Winter's, ARIMA, etc.) across multiple contact channels (calls, emails, chat) to predict short and long-term demand for the entire Service oranization.
- Assess forecast results and build incremental forecasts (event based, promotional lifts, etc.)
- Create custom forecasts for the various Specialized Service departments at Wayfair.
- Provide all levels of organization with written updates of forecast information, including ongoing analyses, interpretation of data, and forward outlook of contact projections.
- Monitor forecast accuracy and determine causes of root error.
- Aggregate, analyze, and communicate data trends of "reasons" behind calls and emails handled by agents.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop reporting and analytics that provide Workforce Management with forecasting metrics that will drive efficiencies.
- Identifying areas in need of improvement and create/present recommendations to add to forecast framework.
What You'll Need
- BA/BS or higher degree with strong academic record in Economics/Statistics/Mathematics/Data Science or similar quantitative field.
- 1+ years of relevant experience doing quantitative analysis, statistical forecasting, statistical modeling, and/or demand planning.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
- Data-first philosophy but can also make decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity with attention to detail.
- SQL proficiency is a plus but not required (willing to learn).
- Proficiency in Python and / or RStudio is preferred.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.