The 3D Visualization team is a new and rapidly growing and evolving department within Wayfair. The group is working on highly visible projects and is driving innovation daily for Wayfair. We are the team responsible for revolutionizing the imagery available to our customers. The team is in need of highly driven and motivated individuals; it is important that applicants are comfortable with constant change and rigorous prioritization of work.
Our emerging image stylist team is responsible for creating product shots for all of our exclusive and lifestyle brands. We are looking for stylists who know product photography and can readily understand and develop our brands. Ideal candidates have past experience in a photo studio and are comfortable using technology to do their work. On the Wayfair 3D team, we take the technical aspect one step further and ask stylists to create all of their scenes in 3DS Max — if you have styling ambition mixed with technical aptitude, we will teach you the tools.
What You'll Do
- A superb eye for style, visual composition and attention to detail.
- Self-starter able to move forward with or without specific art direction. Recognize trends in home décor markets across various styles. Always pivoting to cater to our diversified customer base.
- Choose appropriate props for multiple brands while selecting compelling architecture per image
- Able to work from a defined shot list, interpret tear sheets, and conceptualize your own inspiring vision for each shot.
- Self-motivated, producing exceptional imagery with limited resources.
- Actively seek opportunities to increase knowledge of styling and décor.
- A strong collaborator, able to work with many teams.
- Style and Compose product imagery for end-use such as eCommerce, mobile applications, and social media platforms
- Cross Collaborate with multiple teams including 3D Artists, Art Directors, and a production team in an effort to meet business objectives
- Independently manage time and goals efficiently per weekly assignments
What You'll Need
- Professional experience working well with creative and editorial departments
- Online portfolio that demonstrates expertise in applied styling techniques
- Understanding of camera placement and how it pertains to final imagery
- 1-3 years styling experience in commercial photography
- Technical aptitude; experience with Photoshop, Sketch Up, Illustrator a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.