Who We Are:
Wayfair, the leading retailer in online home goods, has an exciting opening for an experienced Global Head of Service Training. This position will play an important role in supporting the development of our Customer Service teams in a fast-growing environment across multiple sites and functions.
Global Head of Service Training will oversee the various training functions and training teams supporting the following: On-site Training, Virtual Training, Content Development, and Leadership Development. Training programs may include new hire on-boarding, ongoing up-skill training, online course development and maintenance, leadership training programs, as well as other training required by our growing business needs. This individual will set the training strategy for the Service organization globally and will serve as a key partner to the Service leadership team.
What You'll Do:
The Global Head of Service Training is responsible for driving the strategic direction for Service training across all of Wayfair footprint and leads the global Service Training leadership team. This role partners with Service leaders across multiple sites (US, EU) to ensure that all training needs are delivered, including classroom facilitation, virtual facilitation, content development/instructional design, and leadership development. The Global Head of Service Training reports to the Global Head of Service, and coordinates with Wayfair Service and senior leaders as well as across the global Service Training Team. The Global Head of Service Training is a critical change agent that supports and drives priority strategic initiatives and their roll-out and adoption across the Service organization.
- Define and drive the global Service Training strategy and agenda, which reflects the needs of the Service organization across multiple dimensions to enhance employee’s performance and support strategic initiatives(e.g., global/local, on-premise/virtual, induction/ongoing, instructor/self-paced,...) in an expanding environment.
- Ensure high quality training programs are delivered in the areas of new hire induction, ongoing skills development, leadership development in both on-site and virtual classroom environment.
- Ensure that training programs are measured and assessed for impact (e.g., ROI, STC) in a continuous manner and refined/redesigned as needed, monitor and report on the results.
- Design an agile and scalable training approach so that the business needs and priorities can be reflected and implemented in a timely manner
- Drive continuous improvement of the training program based on data-driven insights paired with hands-on qualitative observations, aligning all training initiatives to business KPIs and reports to the business on a regular basis.
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose in terms of customer experience.
- Collaborates effectively across multiple support groups and business units to identify performance trends and implement process improvements.
- Drive innovative training solutions in content development approaches to allow for self-paced, instructor-led, and blended learning.
- Consult with Service leadership to assess training needs and prioritize deliverables.
- Oversee the growth and development of global Service training teams to meet business growth needs across multiple sites.
- Manages, coaches and develops a team of direct reports and ensures succession plans are in place for future growth.
- Establish and maintains effective relationships across the Global Operations leadership team
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA degree in a related field required or equivalent professional work related experience.
- 15+ years managing multi-site and cross-functional training teams globally, preferably supporting a customer service organization or call center environment.
- Extensive experience in a senior training leadership role, setting training strategy, and leading a multi-layered team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in instructional design methodologies and techniques.
- Ability to Influence executive level stakeholders globally
- Able to consult with senior leaders within the organization to assess training needs and drive high quality results
- Dynamic leader, with demonstrated track record of successfully leading large training teams
- Experience scaling and growing a department in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaborator across Training Team, and Operations stakeholders
- Strong project management experience, leading large scale projects
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive training strategy and decision making
- Ability to change direction and priorities frequently in a fast-paced business environment
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Adobe Connect and other virtual training tools a plus
- Experience working in and managing learning management systems
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively communicate with stakeholders across the global Wayfair organization
- Strong business acumen to quickly adapt to changing business needs
- Fluent in English and ideally in additional European languages