Manager, Finance Operations
Wayfair is looking for highly analytical, strategically-minded leaders for our Financial Operations team. You will provide financial visibility and guidance for making better strategic and operational decisions. The ideal candidates are have a strong analytical background who enjoys tackling new challenges in a fast-paced, growing environment.
The newly created Financial Operations team includes approximately 50 people and manages billions of dollars, including Payroll, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable. This role is specific to the AP and/or AR teams, which is a critical link in our business as they touch over 15,000 employees. We’re looking for strong team members with a passion for process improvement, strong analytical skills, and a track record of building scalable solutions.
Our team is dynamic in nature and offers exposure broad exposure to the most important part of our business – the financials. If you’re a strong analytical team member with a knack for analysis and a true mentor to other finance professionals in developing their financial prowess, reach out. We’d love to connect with you.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of accounting professionals throughout the full life cycle of accounts payable and accounts receivable while providing mentorship and stretch opportunities
- Develop training plans and cross functional curriculum for the teams as the finance teams at Wayfair expand and grow
- Determine new sources of data we should be tracking and analyzing to improve our processes
- Work cross-functionally and partner with other business groups at Wayfair, including colleagues in Talent to create policies
- Review department processes and recommend opportunities for improvement, with a primary focus on leverage technology and automation
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of experience in general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, or operational finance strongly preferred; including management experience
- Ability to ‘tell the story’, persuasive communicator who can summarize and clearly articulate complex concepts, including effectively convey insights from analyses to other senior leaders
- Demonstrated strategic, creative and critical thinking skills
- Ability to break down complex business problems into discrete analyses and use data to make informed business decisions
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects
- Ability to build strong relationships, working productively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and executive management
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.