We are the front-line educators and trainers in the Wayfair Virtual Customer Service team. Our team members count on us to provide best-in-class training to help prepare them to be successful in their roles. Our management partners rely on us to provide relevant, engaging, and effective training that will help drive our business forward. We are a critical part of Wayfair’s success, and we take that responsibility seriously.
Through rigorous new hire onboarding and training we prepare our newest team members to effectively help our customers. Through upskill and ongoing training we prepare team members to continue growing in their careers by learning new skills. Above all, we embody the Wayfair culture and hold ourselves highly accountable to success in everything we do.
We are looking for a proven facilitator with training experience who will effectively prepare our learners for success. Our trainers are among the first to welcome our newest team members to Wayfair, and we are responsible for reinforcing Wayfair’s culture, mission, and core values. This individual will be an adaptive thinker, who is driven by results, and is team-oriented. They will be a collaborative problem solver who can build teams and consistently strives for excellence. This candidate must also be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced, rapidly challenging and fluid environment. Communication is critical, so this person must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
What You'll Do
- Support all training functions within our Virtual Customer Service operation.
- Promote the Wayfair culture in the Customer Service organization and lead by example.
- Facilitate new hire training, onboarding, ongoing training, and process change training to lead learners to optimal performance in accordance with network standards.
- Support training plan development, manage priorities, set goals and provide professional development.
- Work with Content Design Teams to ensure all skills training is current and make recommendations on training priorities.
- Prioritize training resources and training towards operational requirements
- Drive consistent training and operational standardization across all sites.
- Measure and evaluate training results against learning objectives for all training, advising leadership and developing action plans based on results.
- Conduct operational assessments and effectively communicate training requirements and action plans across the leadership team.
- Act as a liaison between the training department and key organizational stakeholders and internal business customers.
What You'll Need
- Two or more years experience in a training facilitator position - preferably in a customer service contact center environment.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience working virtually is preferred.
- A clear and demonstrated proficiency in adult learning principles, engagement techniques, and effective facilitation in an adult learning environment.
- Demonstrated integration skills in a challenging environment - to bring multiple goals together to create focused and synchronized training strategy.
- Proven ability to anticipate challenges and be decisive - you always get in front of issues, mitigate risk and have no problem making decisions quickly in support of operational requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively communicating with stakeholders, leadership, and peers.
- Flexibility for working 2:30-11pm CT Monday-Friday
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.