Instructional Designer (Remote / Virtual or On-Premise)
We are the front line Instructional Designers/eLearning Developers creating innovative Modern Learning experiences for our Service Consultants, Managers, and Specialized Teams for Wayfair NA. We are positioned forward at all the network locations providing direct training development support. We are looking for Learning Experience Designers with a creative mindset towards Modern Learning approaches, a keen understanding of effective design methods, technical aptitude, and a desire to see employees learn, grow and excel in their jobs, to join our growing team. If you are passionate about adult learning, if you enjoy learning new things yourself, and if you are a creative and analytical problem solver, this job would be a good fit for you.
What You'll Do
- You will partner with Service leaders to build and implement training curricula that aligns with business objectives and growth projections
- You will support ongoing initiatives with classroom, eLearning, and virtual/remote training modules
- You will proactively work to identify and fill knowledge gaps found in the organization
- Design end to end learning solutions (eLearning, instructor-led: face to face and virtual, self-paced and micro-learning) using design models (ADDIE, SAM other) that incorporate best practices in adult learning theory, learning assessments and evaluation methodologies.
- You will conduct regular maintenance of existing training programs to ensure alignment with current business needs
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional or Media Design or related field or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree in Organizational Performance/Work Place Learning a plus.
- 2+ years of experience working as an Instructional Designer or in a similar position
- 2+ years developing eLearning, micro-learning, blended learning
- 2+ years of experience managing design projects from ideation to implementation
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills
- Innovative design approaches
- Experience working with Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Creative Cloud, or other eLearning authoring software. Video and graphical design experience a plus.
- You have effectively utilized Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- You are able to analyze data and identify solutions with in depth needs analysis with stakeholders
- Experience leveraging Zoom and Adobe Connect or other virtual instructor led software
- Careful listener and good communicator (speaking and writing)
- Passion, energy, a positive mindset, and a can-do attitude
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Ability to build rapport and instill trust and confidence
- A flexible mindset and agile approach to deliverables. Ability to adapt style to engage with different stakeholders.
- Strong technical aptitude
- Experience with Google Suite of products a plus
- Able to design\develop storyboards that detail instructional activities to support learning objectives and/or convert storyboards into animated and interactive eLearning modules
- Experience creating and updating internal processes and templates to minimize future content development time
- Call center learning and development experience a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.