Wayfair has one of Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across all countries in Europe and is consistently increasing. With such an extensive network and its dynamic growth, our logistics team is ensuring a smooth, fast and reliant delivery service across multiple countries for a large variety of products. Currently, our logistics team is embarking on a strategic initiative to further grow, optimize and reinvent its logistics network through more intelligent network routing, leverage of own infrastructure and staff, carrier selection and freight consolidation.
What You'll Do
- Build and grow the relationships with the carriers that Wayfair will use to operate throughout Europe, understanding where to use which carrier to optimize speed, quality and total cost of ownership
- Architect and manage an efficient logistics network design from pickup to final mile delivery carriers
- Negotiate, implement and develop new logistics service providers across Europe
- Build and develop team to manage, monitor and expand network footprint and carrier relationships
- Lead strategic projects to increase carrier performance and to roll-out services for customers
- Drive internationalization by developing Supply Chain solution in new consumer markets
- Provide direct input into the development, implementation and reporting of partner provider KPI/metrics (transit time, total cost of ownership, incident rates, NPS) to monitor all aspects of the transportation process
What You'll Need
- Significant experience in operational leadership and supply chain/transportation expertise, either in industry (incl. freight carriers) or Supply Chain consulting
- Track record of leading and delivering large and complex projects from inception to completion
- Experience in developing relationships with stakeholders, working collaboratively and leveraging influence to drive multi-departmental project
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work well in a fast paced, data driven company
- Willingness to travel to visit carriers in our European sourcing and delivery markets
- Fluency in English
- University qualifications
- Experience in negotiating transportation contracts with freight carriers and 3PL providers
- Fluency in other major European commercial languages
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.