Wayfair’s Trade Compliance team is looking for a EU Trade Compliance Lead to drive our EU Strategy in Classification, Free Trade Agreements, Customs Warehouses, COO and Valuation. The Trade Compliance Lead will be responsible for developing, administering and executing trade processes and controls for the EU.
You have extensive working knowledge of the Global Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), General Rules of Interpretation (GRIs), Section Notes, Chapter Notes, etc Further, you will have experience with implementing, auditing and qualifying goods for global Free Trade Agreements. Develop, implement and maintain trade compliance procedures and work instructions related to valuation and country of origin
You will interact and support these initiatives on a global scale.
What You'll Do
- Develop and drive solutions/strategies to address HS Classifications, Free Trade Agreement, COO and Valuation oversight while ensuring the necessary controls are implemented.
- Act as the primary point of contact with trade authorities regarding EU trade compliance activities related to address any requests for audits and inspections
- Conduct periodic audits and risk assessment activities to determine the main areas of compliance risk
- Cultivate relations with government and customs entities to encourage communication and facilitate effective resolution of issues.
- Monitor trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes and alert the appropriate
What You'll Need
- Bachelors or University degree in a related field (e.g., international trade, supply chain, logistics).
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with international responsibilities in trade compliance, international trade, and customs laws and regulations