The International Supply Chain team creates value both internally and externally through the establishment of lasting partnerships, which will enable us to drive a more efficient and cost effective supply chain. We will design, optimize, operationalize and roll out transportation programs for our CastleGate supplier partners in the US, Canada, UK, EU and Asia.
What is CastleGate?
CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newest business units, which is focused on providing strategic supply chain services to key suppliers. Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
What’s it like working in Operations?
What You’ll Do
Wayfair is focused on expanding our logistics and supply chain footprint to include international supply chain services. We are applying digital, analytics and machine learning capabilities to ocean freight and drayage services to build a differentiated experience for importers, who want to be part of a supply chain for the e-commerce age.
We have committed to building an in-house forwarding capability that will be amongst the top 10 forwarding setups in the world transforming how ocean and drayage freight is managed worldwide. We are looking for a General Manager to lead the scale-up of these services and own the associated P&L. This leader will report to the Head of International Supply Chain.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Own overall P&L for ocean freight and drayage services.
- Drive scale-up from an early growth stage to global top 10 ocean freight provider in a short period of 3-4 years.
- Lead 100+ team members across Operations, Product, and Engineering.
- Manage international 3PL and forwarder relationships including management of key operating metrics and financials for each of the relationships.
- Refine the customer experience measurement processes, set trajectory, and manage the ongoing tracking & reporting.
- Continuously drive product and technology teams to bring about step changes toward being the best-in-class management of inbound goods.
- Work closely with the sales team to define the on-boarding process and ensure seamless onboarding at all times.
- Drive all executive decisions required to determine the footprint of the team.
- Work with commercial teams to influence identification, selection, negotiation and implementation of any third-party firms required in support origin services in Asia.
- Define operating procedures, SLAs, and reporting frameworks for the operations team, agents, and third parties used.
- Define the operations process, management checklists, escalation processes and compliance assessments for the end to end process.
What You’ll Need
- Experience as one of (or a combination of) the following:
- Top tier management consultant: generalist with experience in strategy or go to market engagements OR
- VP at a Digital Ventures group of a PE/Top Tier consulting OR
- General manager at a ~Series B+ startup
- MBA from top-tier business school (required).
- Willingness to travel up to 25% (domestically and internationally).
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.