We’re seeking highly analytical, passionate, and self-motivated individuals to join our North American Retail Buying and Category Management teams. North American Retail is the organization within Wayfair that drives the overall strategy for the multitude of product categories that are offered across our channels of business. The team serves as the external and internal ambassadors of the product categories we manage, mobilizing and coaching suppliers on how to grow their business on our sites, and leveraging internal partners to execute the strategic vision to win in the online home space.
The North America Retail Technology & Analytics (NARTA) team is focused on leveraging highly quantitative business analytics, cutting-edge tools and data science techniques, and business process improvements that drive growth across Wayfair. This team is directly responsible for managing reporting, developing technology solutions, conducting trainings, and identifying opportunities for streamlining and optimizing processes that enable and empower retail performance for Wayfair. Our goal is to help suppliers grow their business on our sites and help Wayfair win in the online home space.
At its core, this role will be focused on equipping category, promotions, and brand leaders with the resources and information they need to effectively drive strategic decision making to directly impact their category and Wayfair’s bottom line. This position will require working cross-functionally and globally to uphold best-in-class standards for implementation, while also providing a distinct opportunity to drive high impact initiatives with unique executive-level visibility.
How is this opportunity unique?
Wayfair is a data-driven environment. Candidates with experience using data to drive decision-making are great matches.
We move fast and take risks. If you loved working at a start-up or in another fast-paced, risk-taking environment, you’d enjoy working at Wayfair. Be prepared to constantly evolve.
Confidence is key. The North America Retail Technology & Analytics team has a 360° view across suppliers, supplier facing business teams, and internal Wayfair support functions. You’ll need to be able to gain buy-in from senior leaders and cross-functional teams to accomplish your goals across geographies.
Our business is in high-growth stage and so is our team. Are you an effective people manager? Managers are expected to manage others either right away or relatively soon. You’ll have the opportunity to strengthen direct management skills in a Manager role.
What You'll Do
- Drive data, reporting, and analytics to support category management growth opportunities and to facilitate better relationships with suppliers.
- Be the interface between external supplier facing teams and internal support functions, such as Algorithms and Analytics, Operations Product Innovation, and Business Intelligence, to develop technology tools and solutions that enhance our core competencies and capabilities.
- Lead trainings and manage content delivery in a way that promotes continuous skillset improvement and knowledge advancement to achieve our learning goals.
- Relentlessly pursue opportunities to improve global coordination, cross-functional integration, and performance optimization that streamlines efficiencies and removes business friction.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Advanced Excel and SQL skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a strong academic record in economics, math, statistics, engineering, business or related field is a plus.
- A highly entrepreneurial mind-set with an excitement to analyze big data and engage as a thought leader, while collaborating with a highly cross-functional group of business partners.
- Strong quantitative skills – ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct analyses, and synthesize findings.
- Strong business acumen – ability to understand how various parts of the business interact, and can identify and approach problems from a supplier perspective.
- Strong communication skills – ability to succinctly summarize and share results with key stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Ability to learn and act quickly, make decisions, and draw conclusions in the face of ambiguity.
- An ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to be able to delegate tasks appropriately.
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions quickly without sacrificing quality.
- A track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.