Senior Manager, Supplier Performance
Wayfair continues to build industry-shaping infrastructure and capabilities in Operations to fuel growth and delight our customers. As part of this journey, we are seeking bright, entrepreneurial specialists to help us drive initiatives related to our most strategic operations topics that will propel Wayfair from $5B to $10B and beyond.
Wayfair is looking for entrepreneurial, driven and analytical leaders to help build and execute operations strategy for our emerging categories. The ideal candidate brings positive energy, works collaboratively, and knows how to drive results in a fast-growing company. This person will serve as a core Operations leader for select emerging categories, working cross-functionally with Category Management and across 6+ Operations teams to identify opportunities, build an operations strategy, and deliver the intended impact by teaming with folks throughout the organization. The ideal candidate has leadership experience in a fast-paced and complex organization, where an entrepreneurial mindset, great communication and influencing skills, and problem-solving leadership have a premium.
Entrepreneurialism, creativity, an ownership mindset, and a relentless drive to solve cross functional problems are a must to be successful in this role. For the typical Supplier Performance Manager, the average day is defined by variety. In a typical eight-hour day you should expect to:
- Structure a vision and roadmap for high priority categories
- Pull and analyze data sets that touch every aspect of Wayfair operations to identify new opportunities and trends to drive supply chain performance and improve the customer experience
- Structure and lead problem solving with senior, cross-functional stakeholders to understand broad strategic requirements from the business, prioritize the opportunities we see in the data, develop innovative levers to tackle those opportunities and set targets for impact
- Embed in field operations to identify real world operational insights and incorporate them into plans
- Scope and run pilots and projects to test, refine and scale innovative solutions to the most difficult operational challenges
If the idea of digging through data to find actionable insights is exciting to you, this will be a rewarding role. In the last few months our Supplier Performance Managers have worked with our merchandising teams to improve the site experience with growing products, with suppliers to change packaging and redesign products; develop new product handling and warehouse handling practices; and developed new tools and analysis techniques for homing in on huge performance opportunities, all across a wide range of Wayfair’s industry leading selection. Our teams are responsible for ensuring Wayfair is delivering products the customer expects, every time. We manage the fulfillment network for Wayfair, Joss & Main, All Modern, Wayfair Supply, Perigold, and Dwell Studios. In addition to working extensively with our external partners (suppliers, carriers), we are plugged into every department within the company – from finance to marketing.
What You'll Do
- Analyze key performance metrics to root-cause performance issues and drive change
- Create and execute category specific roadmaps to drive impact and savings within the operational organization focused on growth
- Report performance trends and improvements to senior management
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes which make our team and suppliers more efficient (and effective)
- Work cross functionally with groups company-wide, including Category Management, Promotions, Data Integration, and Warehouse Fulfillment
- Serve as a highly analytical thought partner to stakeholders on complex operational challenges
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to deliver on margin improvement opportunities
- Track progress and performance and create visibility for senior stakeholders in the organization
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and collaborate to improve their operational performance
- Travel to supplier and Wayfair warehouses to view their operations first hand
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of experience or 1+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- Experience in management consulting, private equity, investment banking, or corporate strategy preferred
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy.
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.