Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case - it’s visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 10 million products: Home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares, and more. We work hard to conceal the complexity of this experience.
Every customer should come away feeling like they’ve found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and we’re the team that makes that happen. The team is responsible for liaising with suppliers & internal stakeholders, such as category managers and supplier operations to ensure that all invoices are compliant, good quality and processed for payment. To ensure a seamless customer experience, the team handles payments to suppliers to ensure that orders are being processed and are ready to be delivered to our customers. Due to an in-house built system, the team can consistently implement new enhancements and updates.
What You'll Do
- Initiation of contact with new suppliers to establish finance relationship;
- Enter/Correct Supplier cost data and cost status updates;
- Preparation of daily payment runs to suppliers for wire transfer;
- Deduction of agreed discounts, allowances & rebates; Collection of missing cost invoices at month end, collecting credits/credit notes due from suppliers;
- Monthly reconciliations of supplier payments to open invoices; Review of vendor statements and follow-up if necessary;
- Responding to supplier email and phone queries on a timely basis
- Assisting with the compliance work around VAT & Intrastat reporting; ensure the relevant VAT Team controls are completed in a timely manner each month;
- Dealing with various taxation consultancy/tax planning assignments as they arise;
- Assist with audit queries and requests; assist with Month-End Reconciliations.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Finance;
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills;
- Familiarity with multi-currency transactions;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience with MS Office, with excellent knowledge of Excel;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Self-motivated individual;
- Passionate about their work and always aiming to improve processes;
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure that deadlines are consistently met;
- Previous experience in Accounting is an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided;
- Knowledge & Experience of SQL advantageous;
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.