Wayfair Professional helps hundreds of thousands of businesses make good spaces great. We serve customers in the Office, Hospitality, Education, Interior Design, Contractor and Property Management sectors, with a broad assortment across furniture, fixtures and decor. Wayfair Professional has nearly tripled in size over the past 24 months and our team ensures we're driving that growth profitably. We do that by controlling Wayfair’s dynamic pricing, discounting and product sorting algorithms to manage the delicate tradeoff between short and long term profitability.
Our Vertical Strategies team operates from the ground up to identify opportunities where our default algorithms and systems are insufficient to "win" in our target verticals (e.g., Hospitality). We partner cross-functionally with Category Management, Product, Marketing and Merchandising to translate an understanding of the customer needs, competitive dynamics and system functionality to override inputs or augment our systems to create more compelling customer experiences. We layer commercial instincts and intuition on top of a data and analytics foundation to generate outsized growth in our target verticals.
What You'll Do
- Develop the growth strategies for priority B2B product classes (e.g., classroom desks, commercial appliances) by working closely with cross functional teams to understand competitive dynamics, positioning, sales and margin impact
- Run diagnostic analytics and evaluate the revenue / profit tradeoff for matching / beating competition on price
- Test B2B-specific tactics to unlock new growth opportunities (e.g., bulk pricing, free/discounted samples, warranty pricing)
- Develop effective and scalable pricing strategies and processes to support our growing enterprise business
- Leverage tens of millions of daily competitor price crawls and hundreds of millions of rows of Wayfair transactional and site navigation data to re-define Wayfair’s measurement of price competitiveness in the B2B space
What You'll Need
- 2+ years of work experience in analytical, consulting, technology, startup, or strategy roles
- Strong business acumen – ability to understand how various parts of the business interact, and can identify and approach problems from a customer perspective
- Technical in nature; Advanced Excel skills and prior experience or an interest in SQL
- Strong quantitative skills – ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Strong communication skills – ability to summarize results and influence cross-functional stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, math, statistics, engineering, business or related field is a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.