Wayfair’s Product team attracts entrepreneurial, value-oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
Wayfair’s S&OP function sits at the center of the company’s supply chain. We work closely with the demand-planning teams to project Sales volumes for each of the 14 million SKUs in Wayfair’s catalog. We then turn that projection into a supply chain plan across more than 100 facilities, projecting the impact of that volume on all network assets: warehouse yard space, door utilization, warehouse rack space, ocean freight, rail and trucking, labor, and more. Our work helps to identify potential bottlenecks and risks and delivers a smooth flow of goods throughout our entire supply chain.
This Scrum Master role will focus on leading Agile practices using the Scrum and Kanban frameworks for Wayfair’s S&OP Product teams. Wayfair’sS&OP team was designed with the operations team in mind: creating sustainable processes and software to facilitate faster delivery of critical forecasts to the operations team. Success in this space is key to the scalability of our operations forecasting process and one of the prime drivers of our product strategy.
What You'll Do
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organisation.
- Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on refining and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
What You'll Need
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
- Experience is playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.