Human Resources Generalist
Wayfair is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to add to the Talent Management team that supports our Virtual call center in the Western U.S. This will be a virtual, home-based position supporting a remote workforce. Must be able to work the hours of 9am-6pm MST (8am-5pm PST).
As a member of the Human Resources Team, you will impact the lives of every Wayfair team member through benefits administration, management of employee-focused policies, new employee onboarding, and employee engagement and relations. The Human Resources team makes sure the fun, hardworking, and innovative culture of Wayfair are constants in the work lives of our employees.
What You'll Do
- Participate in employee relations and employee engagement activities
- Data entry and maintenance of the employee database using various HRIS systems
- Prepare for and assist with new-hire onboarding
- Support performance management and compensation administration
- Assist with benefits programs, including annual open enrollment, and participate in benefits administration
- Manage and track FMLA, Short-term disability, ADA, and other leaves of absence
- Work closely with Workforce Management (WFM) and payroll on issues of attendance, employee scheduling, leaves of absence, etc.
What You'll Need
- At least 3 years of experience in a dedicated HR generalist role
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or related field, or equivalent experience
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully work with individuals at varying levels within an organization
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent and proven computer skills including Microsoft Office Products and HRIS systems
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.