Sales Notifications Platform Manager, B2B Insights & Analytics
The B2B Insights & Analytics (I&A) team drives Wayfair Professional’s growth by creating lasting relationships between customers and our Sales teams. We are comprised of data scientists, statisticians, economists, business analysts, and analytics engineers working to maximize profitable, incremental sales revenue (i.e. the revenue directly attributable to sales agents that would not otherwise have been captured by Wayfair). We leverage Wayfair’s vast data, technology, and people resources, collaborating with Sales, Data Science, R&D (Product & Engineering), Business Intelligence, Marketing, Program Management, Sales Operations, Training & Communications, Pricing, Marketing, and Promotions to identify the highest value opportunities for investment.
I&A are organized as 3 sub-teams: 1) Sales Program Insights & Analytics, 2) Sales Notifications Platform Strategy & Operations, 3) B2B Data Platform Engineering & Analytics. We are looking to add a new Manager to the Sales Notifications team.
Sales Notifications derive from Wayfair Professional’s platforms for surfacing demand signals to our Sales floor and driving profitable sales outreach. We seek a thoughtful, quantitative, hypothesis-driven leader to scale Sales Notifications as a strategic lever to drive Wayfair’s bottom line and delight our business customers.
What You'll Do
- Envision, design, execute, and prioritize sales outreach campaigns to drive Wayfair Professional Revenue.
- Identify information gaps and solve them with new notifications and reporting, giving hundreds of Wayfair’s Sales agents actionable insights into their accounts.
- In an extremely cross-functional capacity, communicate and collaborate closely with Sales management, Data Science, Sales R&D, Program Management, Marketing, Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence, and Category Management teams to bring your ideas to life and boost Sales productivity.
- Hire, manage, and develop Analysts and Senior Analysts to execute the design, implementation, and analysis of tasking campaigns.
- Design and build tasking & notifications metrics and KPIs for reporting, headcount planning, and inputs into overall business forecast.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to bring efficiencies to campaign design, implementation, and analysis workflows.
- Develop best practices around triggers that are best-served by proactive sales outreach, email marketing, and/or sales-facing reporting tools and notifications.
- Provide sales performance and results reporting and analytics at organizational, area, regional and individual sales rep levels to identify how divergence in notification adoption & behaviors impact the business.
- Develop forecasting and analysis to ensure all Sales activity is tracked and intended outcomes are achieved across key performance indicators (KPIs) for our sales reps and teams to assess, understand and remediate performance against objectives.
- Partner with Sales R&D (Product Mgmt & Engineering) and Data Science to identify areas for system-building to execute a test/learn strategy around identifying the right outreach strategies that maximize value.
- Engage externally to bring market best practices in-house.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/quantitative (STEM) discipline, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in a quantitative/analytical function (analytics, data science, engineering, etc.) at a technology-oriented company, ideally with leadership experience
- Strong proficiency with SQL, Excel
- Experience with Python or R preferred
- Proficiency with key experimental and statistical concepts (experiment design, statistical tests, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to analyze large data sets to deliver clear, actionable insights
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.