Wayfair is looking for a strategic, analytical leader to aggressively drive strategy and execution for Wayfair’s Direct Mail Marketing channel. Direct mail is one of Wayfair’s largest marketing channels and we have an aggressive growth plan outlined for the future, which the Manager will be instrumental in achieving.
Qualified candidates should be analytically savvy and comfortable drawing conclusions from data and have experience making decisions based on imperfect or ambiguous information. They should be intellectually curious and eager to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic culture. We’re always thinking about what’s next and how to drive channel growth, so the Manager should feel comfortable owning and driving their own roadmap, and thrive in a “test and learn” environment. Candidates should also be strong communicators, as they’ll be working cross-functionally with many different teams inside and outside of Marketing, and will need to effectively communicate test results and learnings cross-functionally, negotiate with vendors, and motivate a team.
What You'll Do
- Own and drive the roadmap and growth of Wayfair.com’s direct mail program
- Manage an analyst or team of analysts guiding their development and growth
- Identify opportunities to reach out to new customers, including new formats, creative concepts, life stages to target (e.g. movers, renovators, millennials), and others
- Test new ways to keep existing customers engaged through direct mail, driving repeat orders from both highly engaged and lapsed customers
- Prioritize competing interests to focus on highest-impact activities
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business, Mathematics or other concentrations with quantitative focus preferred and strong academic record
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency performing analyses in Excel; comfortable in a data-driven environment
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills, including experience managing high-performing teams
- Capacity to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership, and driving results
- Experience in project management
- Experience with SQL and/or Vertica a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.