Wayfair is looking for a leader to head up our Talent Management team in Europe. This team works across all parts of the business within the EU and drives our strategy and outcomes in the areas of Talent Relations, Benefits and Wellness programs, Diversity Equity and Inclusion initiatives and Immigration/Global Mobility policies and processes. The role incorporates work driving development and retention of our corporate centered team members as well as our teams in Supply Chain and Customer Service.
The Talent Management team works holistically with leaders across talent and the business to deliver on ways to attract top talent as an employer of choice, provide performance management guidance for our team members as they seek to advance in their careers at Wayfair, develop policies and processes that foster a great working environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging, sets out a proactive approach to employee relations through the use of data and trends to further educate our people, and works with our global immigration and global mobility team to support people needing sponsorship and assistance as we enable movement to offices across the globe.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing company and talent organization providing strategic support to our stakeholders enabling the business to grow and achieve our goal of delighting the customer at every step of the Wayfair experience. This is a high-profile role that will drive the success of the business and has a sizeable impact on our ability to attract and retain our people. You’ll need to manage a sizeable team, manage and drive a complex and diverse set of initiatives, keep many balls up in the air, yet still enable a steady state for your teams. You need to be comfortable both going operationally deep to drive improvement in the efficiency of the team and see opportunities to scale as well as setting a sound strategic direction. You are motivated by insight and are hypothesis-led. You are capable of making smart decisions based on limited data and good people judgment. You can lead, develop & inspire managers across the organization as well as more junior team members. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity in a dynamic, high-growth environment. You are a charismatic and persuasive influencer and communicator. You may not have depth in talent (or human resources), but you are eager to partner with all teams to enhance productively as we create the best customer experience for everything “home”.
This role reports to the Director of EU Talent The organization also includes talent acquisition, learning and development, talent operations and analytics, and our talent strategy business partners.
What You'll Do
- Drive talent management strategy to maximize our ability to hire, develop and retain our people.
- Manage, streamline & optimize the daily processes across talent management and partner with our talent operations team to drive efficiency and scale through standardization and automation.
- Drive alignment and coordination with Corporate, Customer Service and Supply Chain orgs to ensure we are supporting the business needs of all teams with our policies and programs.
- Help shape a proactive approach to talent relations so that we capture critical information needed to educate our people in the areas that are most challenging for our managers with an eye to improving engagement. You’ll need to have the ability to utilize and leverage data and analysis in the identification of emerging and progressive employee relations trends and practices.
- Develops strategies to address potential company-wide employee relations issues, such as works councils, unionization.
- Manage and develop a growing team of managers and more junior professionals within talent to think critically and to constantly consider the impact of their work.
- Prepare the talent management team for expansion into further European markets (org setup, processes, tools, interfaces, processes)
What You'll Need
- Bachelors, Masters, PhD or MBA degree from a top tier school
- Significant experience, preferably in management, consulting or e-Commerce but with a desire to be a “manager doer”
- Proven track record of leadership and ownership, across a diverse set of responsibilities, with measurable results
- Strong communicator
- Experience in and passion for building high performance teams
- Well-rounded thinker who gets excited to use both the left and right brain
- Strong interest in consumer behavior and home furnishings a plus
- Fluent in English and ideally German
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.