Wayfair is seeking a Head of People Analytics & Operations to lead a core part of our EU Talent org and report directly into the EU Head of Talent. Wayfair believes that exceptional talent is our key competitive advantage and our people are the driving factor in the overall success of our business. Therefore, the Talent team’s role in hiring, onboarding, and developing the overall Wayfair team is critical to our operations as we scale at over 100% YoY in Europe and increase our headcount of ~2,500 employees across Europe.
The Head of EU People Analytics & Operation sits at the intersection of many teams within Talent, directly managing our Europe-based People Analytics, Compensation, and People Operations team. At Wayfair data is core to how we operate in all our functions and this group provides the necessary analytics to help Wayfair’s people function operate more effectively and transparently. Additionally, this team is responsible for building the structure and process, supported by technology, to enable the efficient ongoing scaling of our team in Europe.
The team works closely with executive leadership across all functional teams at Wayfair, as well as across Talent, to ensure that our people strategy is meeting our rapidly growing business needs effectively and efficiently. This is a unique opportunity to have a direct influence on the future of our Europe Talent org but also Wayfair as a whole.
What You'll Do
- Manage and develop a team of ~10 talent operations analytics, compensation and performance strategy professionals.
- Lead usage of People Analytics reporting to improve business and talent outcomes across the 2500 person European operation in partnership with global analytics work
- Execute and evolve compensation strategy across all Europe teams, in partnership and alignment with global compensation team and philosophy
- Lead end to end process and ops optimization for all people process across the EU, in partnership with global people operations teams
- Partner with engineering and product teams to ensure efficient and effective tools are developed to support global talent operations and analytics needs with EU specific lens
- Work closely with senior leadership across Europe to ensure team’s work is driving measurable improvement in business outcomes through better use of human capital data and more efficient operations
- Play leadership role across Talent org, partnering with other talent leads and working closely with Global Head of Talent and CEO of Europe
What You'll Need
- Extensive experience in management consulting, Talent or general manager role in high growth tech company
- Significant years of management experience, including experience building and scaling teams and managing senior level managers
- Strong analytical skills, including fluency with statistical techniques and tools
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing on a strategy in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with and influence C-level leaders
- Comfort with ambiguity, high growth and rapidly changing environment
- Passion for and interest in people management and development, but no formal HR experience required
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.