Associate, Freight Audit
The North American Transportation team consists of various teams that manage transportation across Wayfair’s custom supply chain, used to ship large parcel goods across North America. Our goal is to drive fast, reliable, cost-effective transportation to continue Wayfair’s rapid growth in shipping large goods across North America.
The North American Transportation team is looking for an Associate to help drive growth across the growing truckload market, which ships over 1000 loads each week in North America. In this role, you will help to manage the spend across truckload carriers by auditing the invoices and ensuing we pay our carriers appropriately. This role is cross-functional, requiring close collaboration with carriers and several internal teams Carrier Management, Accounts Payable, and Operations Product Innovation. In so doing, you will help define the most efficient process so we can continue to drive gains in efficiency and cost-effectiveness across operations.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate across carriers and several internal teams to ensure appropriate invoicing of all movements
- Identify operational trends that will drive initiatives for process improvement
- Aggregate incoming invoices (not sent electronically via EDI) to verify the movements and ensure they are paid at the appropriate rates
- Keep an open line of communication with the team’s business partners to ensure problems that arise follow the proper escalation path
- Help drive metrics that identify problem areas, define success, and demonstrate continual improvement
What You'll Need
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills, specifically Excel
- Strong administrative skills, ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Problem solving mindset with strict attention to detail
- Previous experience working with cross functional teams
- Previous experience with SQL is preferred, but not required
- Previous experience with auditing / invoicing not required
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.