Do you love working in a fast paced, high-energy environment where every day is different? Do you have a passion to drive change and implement complex solutions that impacts an entire fulfillment network? Are you looking to make a difference, be empowered to own decisions, think quickly and act fast? If so, you are a great fit for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering team!
We are seeking individuals for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering in the areas of facilities, design engineering, controls, and project management. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges. A willingness to travel and tackle the unknown is highly desirable.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and troubleshoot all things related to building repairs and aesthetic issues that arise within Wayfair’s fulfillment centers.
- Collect, analyze, and prepare reports of such statistical data as may be required to provide accurate and current assessment of facility management objectives accurately and on time.
- Prepares financial reports (monthly and quarterly) of expenditures and purchase orders related to the assigned portfolio.
- Assist in providing information and reports necessary for the development of capital budgets for the facility. Including contributions towards a five-year plan of maintenance, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives.
- Support network level analysis of PIV Telematics.
- Ensure that vendors and projects are managed efficiently, meeting budget and timelines, while escalating issues to management for continuous improvement.
- Partner with vendors on issues with vendors, and oversee coordination of rentals repairs, invoicing and life cycle.
- Build and maintain relationships with operations leadership, property managers, Facilities Managers, Finance and Accounting, as well as vendor management.
- Ensure the day-to-day operations of the Facilities, including janitorial, life-safety, engineering, site services, and general maintenance are implemented and carried out in a manner consistent with Wayfair policies.
- Supervise all maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the properties and continuously monitor and update Facilities Managers with vendor/landlord changes
- Manage all aspects of vendor performance and escalate issues as needed. Oversight of vendor agreements and other building/facility contracts inclusive of all requirements contained therein
- Monitor and ensure that tenants and vendors comply with insurance requirements and coordinate all claims as required
- Practice safe work procedures, and follow all safety rules at all times.
What You’ll Need:
- Associate’s degree in facilities management, building, business or other related fields. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience, preferably in commercial or industrial real estate with facility management experience
- Experience in maintenance, construction, engineering and all facets of property operation and building management. Distribution and fulfillment facilities experience is preferred
- Knowledge of CMMS/Work Order Management experience and skilled in Building Management Systems maintenance and monitoring
- Ability to read and understand construction specifications and blueprints
- Proficient in understanding management agreements and contract language
- Excellent computer and systems knowledge including; strong literacy in G Suite and advanced excel skills.
- Strong discipline of financial management including financial tracking, budgeting and forecasting
- Knowledge of Financial Systems and reporting
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- The ability to effectively communicate with business partners both local and remote; excellent communication skills; the ability to handle multiple competing priorities; and a strong customer focus.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills are required
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)