Looking for our first Seasonal staff consultants to work in our first physical retail store!!
Please note you must have open availability and are required to work during our peak days, Black Friday and Christmas Eve, exceptions may apply or need to reviewed by Store Manager.
Who We Are:
As an extension of Wayfair’s mission to transform how people shop for their homes, physical retail will open the door for new technology-enabled and service-focused brick & mortar experiences that help customers understand the Wayfair brand, explore our catalog, seek out help from product and design experts, and ultimately furnish the homes they love with more confidence, ease, and satisfaction.
What You’ll Do:
You will be in the unique position of being on the first retail team to interact with Wayfair customers face-to-face. This is an opportunity to be a core team member of one of Wayfair’s most exciting new initiatives.
- Deliver on Wayfair’s mission of transforming the way people shop for their home. You’ll help customers discover the right products and feel confident in their purchases, and every interaction you have will instill a sense of trust in the Wayfair brand.
- You know how to read customers, and you don’t take a one-size-fits-all approach to creating a great customer experience. You’re prepared for anything, and can effectively handle unusual requests or difficult customer interactions.
- Support the daily operations of the store. You’ll maintain the sales floor, replenish inventory throughout the store, help test new ways to present merchandise, manage the POS and answer customers’ questions - big or small
- Keep the store fresh and maintain store displays and shelves in between customer interactions.
- Actively engage customers and work relentlessly to meet their needs. You’ll help them find what they’re looking for, whether it’s in the store or on Wayfair’s website. You’ll need to be knowledgeable about how to shop Wayfair’s catalog of 14 million products across 35 categories.
- Help customers make the most of Wayfair’s website. You’ll show them the easiest ways to shop the site and teach them about new product offerings, services and features.
- Work with customers to help them design living spaces that fit their style and budget. You’ll help customers find Wayfair product that brings their space to life, and provide consultative support for customers who are working on large home design projects.
- Handle visual merchandising work under direction, including but not limited to styling and propping, implementing visual adjustments, updating signage, light fixtures etc.
- Perform back of house operational tasks for inventory management. You’ll receive, stock and replenish product and use our inventory management system to scan, process and count product.
What You’ll Need:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working in retail. We’re looking to hire teammates who have a mix of backgrounds:
- Visual merchandising
- Eye for design
- Sales experience
- Back of house operations
- Store operations
- Customer-first mindset. You set the bar for outstanding customer service and engage with customers in a friendly, approachable, informed and professional manner.
- Comfortable working in a physical environment with capacity for standing up to 8 hours, reaching overhead, lifting up to 75 lbs, bending, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Can accommodate a flexible schedule e.g. working evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to rapidly adopt and use technology (both traditional and non-traditional retail) including using online tools, mobile and other electronic devices.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity within a dynamic, fast-paced, rapidly changing organization
- Genuine interest and an innate sense of home furnishing style; is a steward of Wayfair culture, passionate about learning and talking to customers about our latest products and services
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.