Wayfair is growing by leaps and bounds, and we want to ensure our customers have an amazing experience when they receive their items. We’re looking for a thoughtful, curious, data- and people-oriented whiz to join our team. You will drive operational excellence and strong processes in our final mile delivery network by leading and managing the performance of a large portfolio of warehouses.
Who we are:
The Third Party Final Mile Team manages all of Wayfair’s 100+ third party Final Mile partners across North America. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and professional delivery experience in the industry. We believe in repeatable, scalable, data and process driven management while embracing Wayfair’s entrepreneurial creative and fun atmosphere.
What you will do:
- Forge strong relationships with a portfolio of Final Mile Home Delivery Agents understanding their businesses from operations, administration, and finance to drive a best in class customer experience. Work collaboratively with these partners to identify areas for focus and jointly improve their performance.
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly calls with agents to review key performance indicators
- Travel >70% to meet with delivery agents for performance reviews, training, and sourcing new partners.
- Embrace a consulting and partnership mentality to collaborate with agents to thrive within their region
- Generate and share nuanced reporting with internal stakeholders and external partners. Identify trends and create digestible narratives out of large data sets.
- Proactively identify critical markets and work with internal teams to get ahead of performance issues
- Be a thought leader around operational improvement opportunities
- Become an expert in Final Mile industry best practices and technology.
- Partner with multiple teams within Wayfair to improve overall operations of 3P network, including logistics, technology, and other operations groups.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Deep experience in a field that involves using data and working closely with people. Experience in logistics, carrier management or transportation operations a plus but not required.
- Strong inter-personal and relationship building skills. Proven ability to work successfully with and across teams. Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Strong leadership ability. A hands-on analyst and team player that can inspire/mentor staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication and influence. Relentless about following up until the job is done.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills. Able to analyze large sets of data, pull out insights and then proactively communicate those insights to senior leaders. Able to grasp complex issues and look beyond the obvious.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.