Employer: Wayfair LLC
Title: Data Science Manager
Location: 100 Huntington Avenue, 4 Copley Place, Boston, MA 02116 /
500 Boylston Street, Suite 202, Boston, MA 02116
Duties: Lead research, design, and implement cutting-edge machine learning algorithms that leverage diverse sources of data, including structured and unstructured sources. Scope out new projects to drive business value, as well as develop the strategy and algorithmic frameworks behind executing on these projects. Apply rigorous analytical/statistical methods that can drive growth in different customer segments and product offerings. Focus on deep diving into a broad variety of initiatives around customer targeting in sales, and on designing and building an intelligent platform to assist sales associates. Partner closely with business leads in Sales, Product, or Operations to plan out valuable data science projects and continually improve the Wayfair customer experience. Partner closely with Product and Operations to improve tools and experience for sales associates. Understand and apply machine learning techniques to develop algorithmic and effective solutions to challenging problems. Wrangle data from multiple sources including sales, customer, and clickstream databases to create integrated views that can be used to influence business decisions. Deliver presentations to high level business stakeholders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data. Design experiments to test the implementation of algorithms and deploy experiments in business settings. Manage and mentor a team of data scientists with strong backgrounds in data mining, machine learning, and building data science products.
Requirements: Requires a Master’s degree in Applied Biostatistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Operations Research, or a directly related quantitative field plus two (2) years of experience in a corporate, start-up, or research environment. Experience must include:
One (1) year in each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Developing presentations using Visio and PowerPoint
- Applying machine learning methods including regression, decision trees/random forests, neural networks and deep learning methods, and boosting algorithms to solve business problems
- Advanced programming languages including Python, SQL, Java, R, and Shell
- Diverse data stores including Hadoop, Vertica, SQL Server, and NoSQL databases
- Designing queries, triggers and stored procedures, performance tuning and performing data ETL
- Sales platforms including Salesforce or equivalent CRM platforms
- Building new products and services with end-to-end focus right from ideation to execution and delivery
- Creating strategic roadmaps for growth and managing implementation against deadlines and milestones
- Leading development of Big Data Analytics solutions by leveraging the latest data analysis techniques (including machine learning) for large quantities of structured and unstructured data
- Managing large scale cross-functional transformation in high growth organizations
- Leading executive-level communications with multiple stakeholders regarding strategic vision alignment and project status updates
- Leading cross functional teams of engineers, data scientists, and other specialists throughout the strategic growth initiative development process
- Interfacing with cross-functional teams, UE designers, graphic designers and QA teams
- Performing experimental design and hypothesis testing including A/B testing
- Building predictive models, using historical data to predict target markets, customer segments, messaging and spending
- Evaluating predictive models including ROI analysis and back testing on historical data for evaluating future predictions
- Creating algorithmic solutions using Python, Airflow, or equivalent tools
- Building predictive models using machine learning algorithmics in Python and R
- Managing and grooming multiple product backlogs to focus on short and long term business priorities
- Creating financial models to identify cost reduction or revenue improvement opportunities
- Perform business and process gap analysis to identify improvement opportunities and create development plans
- Develop best practices for business through monitoring industry trends, conducting subject matter expert interviews, and building competitive intelligence
- Model deployment platforms including Airflow and Jenkins
- Development of real-time models
Experience may be gained before, during, or after issuance of advanced degree.
Multiple positions. Please submit resumes to Wayfair LLC,100 Huntington Avenue, 4 Copley Place, Boston, MA 02116 or via https://www.wayfair.com/careers, Job Code: 19646.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.