Senior Project Manager, Supplier Operations
The Supplier Operations Project Management team is responsible for driving change on a variety of impactful and high value operational improvements in relation to our drop ship supply chain. Mutually beneficial to Wayfair and suppliers alike, these improvements enable more efficient fulfillment, communication, reporting, faster and more timely shipping, and increased transparency into our supply chain. As part of the Supplier Operations workgroup, this team is part of a larger mission to transform a network of thousands of individual vendor businesses into a flawless fulfillment network This workgroup manages the fulfillment network across all of Wayfair’s brands and collaborates extensively across internal departments, from finance to marketing.
We are seeking a talented and driven leader to build and execute these improvement opportunities. As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating these initiatives across the operations group and delivering tangible results towards core business priorities. Day to day responsibilities include a balanced mix of in-depth data analysis, group problem solving, project coordination, and communication of progress and results. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. Strong quantitative skills are required to analyze performance and efficacy of solutions, and due to the cross-functional nature of this position and high visibility with senior leadership, effective communication, leadership, and presence are also highly valued. Structured prioritization and creative problem solving skills are both essential.
What You'll Do
- Lead projects across Wayfair operations to develop new tools, processes, and technology geared at making our suppliers more efficient and allow them to self service their operational needs with Wayfair
- Facilitate broad initiatives spanning thousands of suppliers to improve efficiency and visibility across the supply chain for our supplier partners
- Partner closely with a variety of groups company-wide, including transportation, data integration, warehousing, inventory planning, engineering, and others to coordinate cross functional projects
- Analyze key performance metrics to root cause performance issues and drive change based on insights
- Prioritize improvement opportunities to drive the largest immediate impact
- Regularly communicate performance trends and results to senior management and leadership
- 10-20% travel to Wayfair and supplier warehouses to view operations and meet with suppliers
What You'll Need
- MBA and 1+ years post-MBA experience or Bachelor’s with 7+ years equivalent experience
- Ability to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
- Ability to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is “right” for the customer.
- Senior presence, ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments synthesizing multiple points of view into a coherent action plan.
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions.
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.