Wayfair is looking for problem-solving entrepreneurs to join one of several positions created as part of a firm-wide Strategic Procurement transformation. At Wayfair, we move extremely fast with a laser focus on customer success. That means we need people who can look beyond solely cost. We need adaptable doers who are great at engaging with stakeholders, are sharp analytical thinkers with a data-driven approach to solving problems, and are flexible multi-taskers who will flourish in a role with considerable autonomy and visibility.
Reporting directly to the Head of Strategic Procurement, the GM of Strategic Enablement will develop the vision and roadmap to enable Wayfairians, and the broader Strategic Procurement team, to make smarter spend decisions. You will partner with stakeholders across the business to help drive spend insights and new ways of working. You will equip people across the business with the capabilities and confidence to engage with external companies and negotiate successful spend outcomes.
The scope is broad and cross-functional requires you to successfully build strong partnerships across the business.You will lead change management, driving innovation in how the company buys from third-parties and supporting the adoption of these new ways of working. You will also establish key analytics and performance metrics for the organization to help track the effectiveness of our approach to buying.
Ultimately, you will lead the way in setting the tone for Wayfair’s ownership culture across the company, driving awareness and understanding through a host of communication and other initiatives. It is a fast-paced, strategic team that driving transformational approach to how Wayfairians spend as our business scales at pace.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive a culture of spend ownership across all areas of the business
- Develop and roll out change communication and training to drive process and strategy adoption
- Mentor and develop team using a supportive and collaborative approach
- Enhance category management and strategic sourcing tools and processes to help senior leaders invest intelligently for the long-term
- Partner with Legal & Finance teams to improve contract strategy and effectiveness
- Establish a vendor relationship management program creating a culture of collaboration with our vendors to drive results
- Own the end-to-end sourcing journey through market analysis, supplier selection, negotiation and onboarding, helping equip employees to maximize return on spend
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, banking or another quantitative or strategic field
- Ability to thrive in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment. Strong project management and prioritization skills are key.
- Experience in framework development, process re-engineering, transformation initiatives; proven change agent rooted in data analysis
- Appetite for solving business challenges, improving the customer experience, and driving bottom line results
- Excellent people skills, including experience managing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and developing and mentoring teams
- Creative, innovative and agile with the ability to think beyond traditional approaches
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills
- An ability to hit the ground running and learn quickly
- Confident self-starter with a positive attitude
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information