The Algorithms team at Wayfair creates decision frameworks, data artifacts and tools to effectively guide business strategies and decision-making across pricing optimization, demand forecasting and marketplace growth. These algorithms leverage best-in-class approaches across machine learning, economics and statistics to drive business impact.
- Pricing Optimization
Mission: Drive efficient trade-offs between revenue and profit and how to manage price perception with our customers
- Dynamically set retail prices on millions of products daily
- Leverage continuous experimentation, best-in-class modeling approaches, and economic theory to build a scalable, dynamic, and flexible platform
- Demand Forecasting
Mission: Drive efficient trade-offs between product availability, delivery speed and operating cost to make effective supply chain decisions across the company and its suppliers
- Create most accurate demand forecasts for millions of products monthly for the next 18 months
- Leverage best-in-class modeling approaches across the industry and academia, engage users to drive adoption of products, and ultimately create effective demand and supply management levers to drive decision-making
We are currently recruiting for each of the above groups and you will be working in one of these groups. You will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with other groups to drive business goals as needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Frame product vision and strategy in collaboration with business and operations teams
- Collaborate with product management, analytics, data science and engineering teams to define the short-term and long-term improvement roadmaps and approach for initiative prioritization
- Provide business oversight on the outputs of data science models and creatively adjust outputs as needed using data-driven approaches to solve for ongoing business needs in the short-term
- Provide business oversight on the quality of inputs feeding data science models and source new inputs as needed
- Lead and mentor a strong team of analysts
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field like Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or a related field. Advanced degree such as MS or MBA is preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of work experience in consulting or related strategic and analytical roles
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated experience in turning big data sets into actionable insights
- Resourcefulness in making intelligent assumptions when data is not available
- Ability to leverage empirical learning to drive business strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence internal teams and senior leaders
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Advanced Excel skills and experience working with technologies such as SQL, R, Tableau is preferred, but not required.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.