Manager of Large Parcel Operational Performance Excellence
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home.
We are looking for a proven leader who will help lead the team responsible for driving delivery performance excellence and continuous improvement. This individual will be innovative, process driven, and relationship oriented with a scrappy approach to problems. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment. This is a management role and is highly visible with many opportunities for advancement.
Who we are: The Large Parcel Delivery team’s goal is to create value both internally and externally through the establishment of lasting delivery partnerships, which will enable us to drive a more efficient and high-quality delivery cycle. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end-to-end delivery experience in the industry.
What you will do:
- Create and drive operational performance strategy and vision to create an industry leading final mile service provider network with best in class customer service
- Act as a conduit for performance between the account and operational performance internally and externally
- Partner with carriers on an ongoing basis to drive high performance and generate value for the operation
- Contribute strategic insights on process design, continuous improvements and assist in driving tech enhancements to the performance program
- Build and manage a small team to drive operational performance excellence for a versatile and committed group of carriers that serve as a competitive advantage to deliver high quality and service
- Innovate in Wayfair’s Last Mile space to enable more optimized methods of evaluating and engaging our carriers
- Identify carriers that have the right service performance and operational capabilities that align with our operational needs to develop or further partnerships
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and drive enhancements within Wayfair’s delivery process as it relates to final mile
- Work on a very collaborative team with access to senior members of the operations and logistics organization
- Manage a team to drive a performance against a set of KPIs to measure and monitor carrier performance
- Drive cross-functional alignment on delivery operation and performance priorities
- Plan to enable our team to proactively respond to the dynamics of our network, customers, and operations
Who we are looking for:
- Be a delivery operation and continuous improvement thought leader
- Strong communicator and adept and utilizing data to root cause and drive corrective action
- Demonstrated ability to drive change, alignment, and improvement using effective communication and influence. Relentless about following up until the job is done
- A strong leader with an ability to ideate and innovate
- Demonstrated history as a team builder and coach
- Plan, structure, and manage complex analyses concurrently to develop key insights and deliver performance enhancement pursuant to Large Parcel’s goals
- High-energy individual with a can-do attitude. Willing to jump in and work alongside folks of all levels to identify issues and quickly find solutions
- Extremely meticulous and detailed oriented
- Able to manage various competing initiatives and prioritize accordingly
- Able to manage projects and communicate effectively to internal and external leadership
- 5 years in operations, logistics, carrier management, process improvement at leading companies
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree in business administration, logistics, or other supply chain related field a plus but accomplished professionals will always be considered
- Approximately 50% domestic travel
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.