Wayfair is revolutionizing how imagery is created. Traditionally consumers shop for their home in-person, preferring to “see, touch, and feel”. Wayfair breaks this mold with a new world of visual immersion that aims to not only match but eclipse the brick & mortar shopping experience. We are building a robust Creative team comprised of Art Directors, Stylists and 3D Artists that will produce high volumes of compelling interior and product images in a way that’s never been done before.
The 3D Visualization team is searching for a quick-thinking visual storyteller with previous experience as a Photo Art Director in home décor or furniture. We’re in need of a big-picture thinker who’s capable of wearing many hats from coach and mentor to producer and negotiator. Ultimately, we’re looking for a great collaborator who is able to keep business goals in sight. You will assist in helping us develop standards, processes and workflows while still juggling day-to-day responsibilities that come along with building a creative team in a way that’s never been done
The teams of 3D stylists and artists are working in very sophisticated software packages. It’s not necessary that you are an expert user but you need to be an expert coach. We believe that a high-level skill set in directing traditional home furnishing photography and technical aptitude will get you there — a love of technology will get you there faster.
To be considered for this position you must have a digital portfolio showcasing your work as a Photo Art Director.
What You’ll Do:
● Lead a team of in-house 3D Stylists to communicate your vision in a way that is executable and on brand, time and budget.
● Collaborate with the Creative Director, 3D artists, stylists, editors, and product buyers in a high-volume, fast-paced 3D studio.
● Provide input on lighting, styling, design, product selection, room layout and architecture.
● Execute against a creative brief and master composition, color, lighting, room design, and spatial relationships.
● Focus on the details; you’ll not only catch the tangents, issues with photo realism and over saturated scenics in our images but have the capacity to understand and manage the implications of rolling out a new plan or change in process on junior team members.
● Analyze regular feedback on how your shots have performed so you can adapt in the future. Sometimes it won’t be what you were expecting—often it will be. You’ll roll with it either way and help the team grow in response.
What You’ll Need:
● Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in photography or equivalent, relevant experience
● 5+ years of Art Directing in studio or location
● A portfolio that demonstrates outstanding creativity and attention to detail, art direction/influence, photo styling, and creative problem solving
● Experience in a variety of studio settings ranging from editorial to retail catalog and location-based photography
● Knowledge of post-processing/retouching and compositing
● Technical knowledge of lighting and or 3D technologies is an advantage
● Ability to negotiate while not creating adversarial relationships is a must; including managing different opinions through a creative endeavor
● Must possess strong communication (both written and oral), problem-solving, organizational, time-management, and analytical skills
● A positive and friendly attitude and a sense of humor while maintaining the ability to direct a variety of strong personalities, is necessary
● Experience managing and developing creative staff of all experience levels and tenures, and leading a team that is highly entrepreneurial
● Strong commitment to ensuring quality and exceeding expectations
● A passion for all things home, including the latest trends and developments