Who We Are:
Wayfair is home to one of the retail industry’s largest in-house creative agencies. The Creative Group is a world class team comprised of many disciplines – designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers and more. Our work fuels all forms of onsite and offsite marketing and communication with our consumers from TV to online video to social, email, direct mail and more.
The Wayfair Creative Team is looking to hire a passionate Copy Lead who is ready and eager to take the lead on our Brand Identity channel! As the Brand Identity Copy Lead, you are responsible for defining and conveying the voice of Wayfair and will partner closely with our Brand Team and lead the charge on concepting and executing the ‘big idea’ through voice and tone across multiple touchpoints. You are a creative powerhouse, an awesome conceptual thinker, a brave storytelling risk-taker, and a hands-on manager rolled up in one.
What you’ll do:
- Positively influence brand perception and conversations through voice and tone
- Help brainstorm creative concepts that communicates Wayfair’s message
- Drive branding initiatives for Wayfair’s Exclusive Brands
- Collaborate with diverse teams across the org to develop branded content and playbooks
- Account for cultural and otherwise local tone/voice nuances of a global brand
- Help define and evolve standards of the Wayfair Brand Book
- Ensure brand guidelines and tenants are followed and cross-functionally support through inspired examples
- Keep up to date on industry trends, best practices, competitive landscapes
- Lead and develop a team of junior copywriters
- Partner closely with Project Management to ensure creative time spend and timelines are accurately scoped
Who You Are:
- A highly conceptual yet hyper-organized creative with proven experience in campaign and systems thinking
- A strong manager-doer, not just an ideas person. You understand that great brand building is about the execution and the details. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves while also managing and empowering your team
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years copywriting experience, preferably including some Brand Agency experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Minimum BA/BS degree (preferably in advertising, journalism, or English)
- A strong portfolio of work across a multitude of channels and platforms
- Extensive brand-building experience
- Efficiency in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly-changing environment
- A love of all things home!
For consideration, an online portfolio or samples of your work are required.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.