Warehouse Operations Manager
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You’ll Do
- The Warehouse Manager will collaborate with our Supervisor team to solve immediate day-to-day operational issues.
- Develop robust, trusting relationships with key stakeholders and senior leadership, and identify opportunity to improve the Warehousing productivity. You’ll command a strong senior presence, and build a team of high performing Supervisors.
- Monitor and drive key service level metrics for fulfillment to ensure that we are providing excellent customer experience and delivering on our promise.
- Support operational strategy and innovation to drive business goals for revenue, operational performance, and profitability.
- Manage, coach, develop team of Operations Supervisors.
- Manage multiple priorities in a face-paced environment with effective communication and thorough follow through.
- Establish sound process improvement initiatives that drive year over year improvement, as well as streamline and optimize day-to-day operations.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of operations management experience.
- Strong administrative, organizational, managerial and communication skills.
- Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data, and develop, recommend, implement solutions
- Able to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan. Able to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company.
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style. Adept at communicating up and down and at pivoting approach depending on the audience’s needs.
- Familiarity with Excel and SQL are a plus.