The Algorithms team at Wayfair creates decision frameworks, data artifacts and tools to effectively guide business strategies and decision-making across pricing optimization, demand forecasting and marketplace growth. These algorithms leverage best-in-class approaches across machine learning, economics and statistics to drive business impact.
- Pricing Optimization
Mission: Drive efficient trade-offs between revenue and profit and how to manage price perception with our customers
- Dynamically set retail prices on millions of products daily
- Leverage continuous experimentation, best-in-class modeling approaches, and economic theory to build a scalable, dynamic, and flexible platform
- Demand Forecasting
Mission: Drive efficient trade-offs between product availability, delivery speed and operating cost to make effective supply chain decisions across the company and its suppliers
- Create most accurate demand forecasts for millions of products monthly for the next 18 months
- Leverage best-in-class modeling approaches across the industry and academia, engage users to drive adoption of products, and ultimately create effective demand and supply management levers to drive decision-making
- Marketplace Growth
Mission: Foster competition among suppliers and increase customer engagement, managing product assortment to reduce transaction costs and accelerate Wayfair’s growth
- Dynamically curate product assortments using prediction models and apply game theory to drive increased supplier competition
- Leverage experimentation, scalable models, auction theory, and online learning to maximize value creation
We are currently recruiting for each of the above three groups and you will be working in one of these groups. You will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with other groups to drive business goals as needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Leverage unique, proprietary, and massive datasets to answer strategic questions that guide strategy, short-term solutions, long-term improvement roadmap and initiative prioritization.
- Create actionable performance insights using highly quantitative analytical approaches.
- Work on solving challenging and exciting business problems and drive actual business impact.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like Data Science, Product Management, Engineering and other Business and Operations teams.
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or a related quantitative or business field.
- A highly entrepreneurial mind-set with an excitement to analyze big data and engage as a thought leader while collaborating with a highly cross-functional group of business partners.
- Strong quantitative skills – ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct analyses, and synthesize findings.
- Strong business acumen – ability to understand how various parts of the business interact, and identify and approach problems from a customer perspective.
- Strong communication skills – ability to succinctly summarize and share results with key stakeholders.
- Ability to learn and act quickly, make decisions and draw conclusions in the face of ambiguity.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience working with technologies such as SQL, R, Tableau is preferred, but not required.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.