Wayfair is looking for a detail-oriented self-starter to support organization-wide knowledge management.
Wayfair is adding dozens of new employees every day and week, and knowledge management/documentation has become increasingly important in helping new employees get up-to-speed and helping existing employees navigate the increasingly complex organization. We are hiring an associate to help us continue to improve knowledge management. If you’re passionate about the importance of communication, word choice, and organized information, and you are tech savvy and want to learn more about managing a technology platform, we want to hear from you!
This person will be a part of Wayfair’s broader Technology Experience team, a team hyper-focused on the intersection of internal technology and end user experience. Overall, this person’s responsibilities will fall into three key areas:
- Organizational knowledge management strategy - What should be documented? Who should be editing and writing articles? How do we ensure information is high-quality and helpful? This person will help us answer these kinds of questions for Wayfair at-large.
- Employee Tech knowledge management support - As part of the Employee Tech organization, this person will act as the central manager of technology documentation, maintaining articles that include networking and VPN, using Gmail/Slack/other platforms, and navigating Wayfair’s employee-facing technology.
- Confluence platform management - Wayfair uses Confluence for knowledge management, so this person will act as a key partner with our Atlassian vendor and the technical team that manages our Confluence implementation. They will perform the various administrative and configuration tasks necessary to keep Confluence up and running.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to help them understand knowledge management best practices
- Creating and enforcing content standards (templates, expectations, and a style guide) across the company
- Enacting governance as necessary across the platform to promote content quality, accuracy, and a lack of redundancy
- Training organizations and individual employees on how to use the tool and follow new processes
- Monitoring and evaluating the knowledge management platform, Confluence
- Writing new articles or re-formatting existing articles across Employee Tech and, when necessary, to support the broader organization
- Partnering with external vendors to ensure our instance of Confluence is updated, bug-free, and meeting the needs of the company
Nice to have:
- Experience with Confluence or other Atlassian products
- Experience in internal communications, library science, or content creation
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with G Suite applications
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.