Key Account Manager, Castlegate Operations Team
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
About the Operations Key Account Manager role:
Wayfair is looking for a talented individual to identify operational improvement opportunities and implement solutions for suppliers participating in the CastleGate program. This individual will be directly responsible for managing strategic supplier accounts from an operational perspective, working to optimize inbound, inventory, and outbound processes in partnership with many different teams. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing division of Wayfair. Given the nature of this role - both externally facing and with high visibility to senior leadership throughout the organization, the successful candidate should also possess strong communication and persuasion competencies.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee a portfolio of key strategic suppliers, contributing to the goal of driving deeper CastleGate penetration by identifying and removing operational barriers and generally co-manage an operational work plan for each supplier with our account management team
- Effectively respond to operational issues to ensure proper resolution, and escalating as necessary
- Recognize, document, and alert leadership of trends in supplier inquiries and challenges
- Monitor and report key service level metrics for our fulfillment suppliers to deliver on our promise of providing an excellent supplier experience
- Work collaboratively across operations, account management, data integration and warehouse teams to streamline and standardize processes
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 - 3+ years’ experience in any of the following: inventory management, supply chain management, 3PL, sales, e-commerce order fulfillment, asset management, manufacturer warehousing, brand retail merchandising or brand account management.
- Experience in business and data analytics tools; Excel, SQL experience preferred
- Innovative problem-solving skills with a tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- A demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks with close attention to detail
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal for internal problem dissection and resolution as well as customer-facing communications