Associate Director – MHE Implementation
Do you love working in a fast paced, high-energy environment where every day is different? Do you have a passion to drive change and implement complex solutions that impacts an entire fulfillment network? Are you looking to make a difference, be empowered to own decisions, think quickly and act fast? If so, you are a great fit for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering team!
We are seeking individuals for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering in the areas of facilities, design engineering, controls, and project management. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges. A willingness to travel and tackle the unknown is highly desirable.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of Project Managers supporting multiple building formats, such as FCs, returns, and cross dock sites across the USA. Support and lead strategic initiatives that improve capacity, throughput, safety, quality, and customer service
- Design and implement complex sortation systems simultaneously across multiple building types
- Own project communication, change management, and assists with process and equipment validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting
- Generate and assess metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews using statistics and quality engineering tools
- Own and manage projects related to MHE, WMS and Process Improvement
- Work with multifunctional teams to drive projects through the entire Project Lifecycle
- Perform ROI Analysis and Procurement for various supply chain solutions including hardware, software, & supporting technology
- Travel required +50%
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or General Engineering
- 10+ years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience leading and managing technical teams.
- 7+ years of hands on project management experience or engineering field work in an automated environment
- Detail oriented skills, with strong analytical and organizational skills, and ability to be highly results oriented and proactive.
- Excellent communication, time management, and multitasking skills
- Knowledge of Material Handling Equipment (conveyors, sortation, robotics), Warehouse Management Systems, Labor Management Systems, distribution/conveyor systems, 3D drawing capabilities (demo 3D, google SketchUp), racking design, and process knowledge for distribution.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business partners (internal and external), manage multiple competing priorities; demonstrating a strong customer focus.
- Ability to identify critical paths, eliminate waste, manage multi-million dollar contracts and budgets, manage vendor relationships, and deliver results in an environment that changes frequently