Who We Are:
Wayfair offers a zillion things home and is reinventing the way people shop for their homes. The Merchandising department onboards and maintains the vast product catalog, developing strategies to effectively guide our customers through this large selection and help them find exactly what they need. We are looking for a highly analytical, disciplined, and execution-oriented senior analyst for our North America Merchandising Analytics team. The Merch Analytics team serves as a central counterpart for all Merchandising teams and develops analytics products, on both a stand-alone basis as well as jointly with build partners including Business Intelligence, Data Science, Competitive Intelligence and Product Management.
The ideal candidate brings structured thinking, a strong bias for action, and the technical aptitude to develop new analytics products for the business. We value technical project experience in a fast-paced organization, where a collaborative spirit and great communication skills are critical. We welcome applications from across a range of backgrounds and experiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Translate complex business problems into specific questions that can be answered through data-driven analysis.
- Work with build partner teams in Business Intelligence, Web Analytics, Data Science, and Engineering to identify requirements, obtain buy-in for methodology, architect, develop, and then integrate data/reporting solutions into daily operational processes.
- Develop a strong working relationship with Merchandising business partners and a deep understanding of their key business metrics, levers, strategy and goals.
- Communicate findings with a clear point of view and compelling visualizations so your insights can be used to help drive business strategy and technology projects
- Example projects:
- Code SQL scripts to define business logic for new KPIs as new tools and table structures are created by Merch Product Engineering teams.
- Partner with Business Intelligence to re-architect data models for evolving data sets such as “Voice of the Customer” (i.e. reviews/returns) or Product Catalog Maintenance.
- Enhance data ingestion and/or pipeline processes to facilitate data integration into business tools and workflows.
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years of experience in technology or other highly analytical roles
- A strong academic record with a background in Computer Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative preferred
- Organized and process-oriented with proven ability to thrive in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong technical aptitude and business acumen with demonstrated experience leveraging data from a multitude of sources to solve complex problems
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills
- Experience with SQL or other database technologies and a demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
- Technical proficiency in Python, R, Tableau preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.