Who we are:
Wayfair is re-imagining its content supply chain to create a unique competitive advantage for our business through delivering rich, visually inspiring customer experiences across the largest product catalog in home. To achieve that vision, we are looking for leaders to drive projects in Catalog Management, Data Science Integrations, Customer Feedback Integrations and Cross-Catalog Data Architecture.
As a leader within the merchandising organization, you will build an unparalleled shopping experience in collaboration with team leaders across the company including Product/Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Creative, Content, Brand, and Marketing. You will take a strategic lens to multiple complex initiatives including increasing Wayfair’s ever growing product selection while optimizing processes to reduce time to launch products & operational costs. You will solve large scale problems via technology, such as making it easier for thousands of suppliers to add complete & accurate data to millions of products across the catalog.
What You'll Do
- Manage, coach and develop a team
- Relentlessly drive improvements to the site experience through the development and execution of strategic initiatives and cross-functional projects
- Leverage technology and machine learning to transform specific subsets of how Wayfair identifies, builds, QAs and displays a catalog of millions products, images and videos
- Cultivate and manage cross functional relationships to identify and execute on high priority, high impact projects
- Collaborate with other Merchandising teams to apply learnings
- Oversee complex operational challenges and formulate end to end processes driven off of automation, data science, and internal tool set
- Communicate findings and results with senior leaders throughout Wayfair
What You'll Need
- 10 + years of experience or 4+ years post MBA preferred
- 3+ years management experience leading direct reports and driving results in a process improvement capacity, management consulting, or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Possess analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems and the ability to communicate those ideas in a way which inspires and motivates
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.