Regional Senior Human Resources Manager - Southeast
Wayfair is seeking a Regional Senior Human Resources Manager to support our distribution locations across the southern U.S. This role will be based virtually, but will be traveling frequently to our sites in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina.
As a member of the Talent Management Team, you will have a cross functional impact at Wayfair by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
What You'll Do
- Oversee HR practices for this region including both tactical and strategic functions as needed
- Coordinate with senior leadership to craft organization-wide strategies and objectives
- Set performance standards and evaluate local HR teams within the region
- Assist with design and implementation of HR policies that comply with business objectives
- Ensure all HR operations adhere to legal standards and represent Wayfair for external employment complaints and litigation
- Support staff and managers on day-to-day issues and guide and advise leaders in corrective action, development plans, employee terminations, etc.
- Perform thorough investigations into harassment and ethics complaints and resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Make recommendations to improve employee engagement as well as support training and development programs
- Administer and advise leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO and responsible to stay abreast of changing legal and HR best practices
- Support performance management and compensation
- Collaborate with Wayfair HR partners within Wayfair to share and develop best practices and drive consistency
- Administer exit interviews and collect attrition data for practical use to improve retention
- Ability to travel regularly - this will vary depending on site openings and growth of existing sites in the region (at least 50% of the time)
What You'll Need
- At least 5+ years of HR management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or related field. Master’s degree a plus
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Experience managing the HR function across multiple locations
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully work with individuals at varying levels within an organization
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Internet navigation, HRIS systems
- Proven ability to multitask
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.