Who We Are:
As an extension of Wayfair’s mission to transform how people shop for their homes, physical retail will open the door for new technology-enabled and service-focused brick & mortar experiences that help customers understand the Wayfair brand, explore our catalog, seek out help from product and design experts, and ultimately furnish the homes they love with more confidence, ease, and satisfaction.
What You’ll Do:
You will be in the unique position of being on the first retail team to interact with Wayfair customers face-to-face. This is an opportunity to be a core team member of one of Wayfair’s most exciting new initiatives.
- Responsible for the day-to-day retail floor being laid out according to merchandise presentation plans
- Work closely with the Merchandise team in Copley Headquarters to develop store-level plans and strategy to achieve revenue, conversion and profitability goals, leveraging product instinct, market trends, and sales/conversion data
- Proactively monitor items selling and re-merchandise as they sell. Provide feedback on store needs related to both merchandise and visual merchandising
- Drive increase in inventory turnover - for example test out product placement, what sells best where, actively re-merch the store during the day, and continuously share learnings with store and management teams
- Prepare merchandise for sale following merchandising standards; over time support Copley Merchandise team in reordering best seller or staple items
- Ensure an excellent customer experience by engaging and interacting with all customers including working on the sales floor and at check-out as needed; support team in the maintenance / cleanliness of the store
- Train / mentor store team on merchandise approach and help establish best practices
- Communicate clearly with management and store team in handling priorities and status updates; provide and respond to feedback
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to communicate when things don’t go as planned
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated success influencing senior leaders
- One year retail experience and six months of leadership experience with retail merchandising focus
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
- Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs, including nights and weekends
- Superior organizational skills with attention to detail
- Capable of lifting heavy objects with or without reasonable accommodation
- Strong communication skills
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.