We are Wayfair; we deliver abest-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because ofpeople like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in afast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of deliverystandards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays akey role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’vebeen busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delightcustomers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage usingour own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talentedhard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional homeawaits you at Wayfair!
- The Dock Clerk will be responsible for checking in and outtrucks, managing the flow of trucks into and out of the building, auditing theyard, updating time critical documents, running reports, and communicating withvarious teams.
- Physically check in and out all trailers entering/exitingthe yard and log trailer status. Log includes trailer number, seal number,trailer status (full or empty), tractor number, load number, date and time.
- Audit all inbound and outbound trailers on log sheet.
- Arrive and/or dispatch the loads into warehouse,transportation and yard management systems.
- Complete a daily yard check and reconcile the yard checkwith yard inventory.
- Plan and communicate trailer movement in the yard to theswitchers, dock managers, and transportation planners.
- Direct drivers to appropriate locations in the yard for thedrop-off and pick-up of trailers.
- Ensure the completion of all required paperwork, records,and documentation.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment and a steady flowinto the building.
What You’ll Need
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Service and/or warehousing and fulfillment experience.
- Ability to work all shifts and work overtime as required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate clearlyin English (verbal and written).
- Ability to use a computer keyboard, computer screen,telephone headset and telephone system.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function ofthis position.
- Ability to lift up to 49 pounds.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 10 hours.
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with orwithout accommodations.