We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You’ll Do:
- In the Administrative Assistant role, you will support both warehouse operations and business functions. You will simultaneously balance multiple warehouse projects while providing general office support.
- You will perform extensive and accurate data entry, mine for data, and construct meaningful, actionable reports (e.g. creating monthly PowerPoint for the break room and updating our UPH forecast daily).
- You will be responsible for purchasing and managing the inventory of supplies for the warehouse.
- You will schedule all incoming truckload, LTL and shuttle shipments for the warehouse as well as all returns shipments; yard management.
- You will keep track of outbound truckloads.
- You will oversee the invoicing for maintenance and utilities weekly/monthly.
- You will retrieve all paperwork from each department daily and filing paperwork accordingly.
- You will perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned to you from time to time (i.e. process calls or emails to service customers when call demand dictates).
What You’ll Need:
- Excellent relationship building, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Service and warehousing/fulfillment experience.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to solve problems by thinking analytically, creatively, and handle stressful customer interactions via telephone and email.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard, computer screen, telephone headset and telephone system.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8-hour period, and sometimes longer.
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.