Capacity Planning Analyst
Wayfair is seeking a motivated, operationally sound business professional with a proven track record conducting in-depth analytical work and synthesizing findings into actionable insights for key Sales & Service stakeholders and leaders at Wayfair.
The ideal candidate will possess solid business acumen, demonstrating the ability to make connections between macro-level business developments and operational infrastructure changes, and their cumulative impact on critical KPIs used to plan and manage Customer Service operations.
Adept communication skills, organized project road-mapping, innovative thinking and the ability to work with large data sets will be integral success factors.
About Workforce Planning
Workforce Planning is the engine in charge of resource allocation and planning for Wayfair Customer Service. From headcount planning, to effective scheduling, to real-time monitoring, the department strives for efficient capacity management while maintaining a high bar for service level achievement with Wayfair customers. Accountabilities span multiple customer contact channels (phone, email, chat) across ten physical locations and a virtual network in two continents (North America, Europe) supporting both B2B and B2C customers. This position sits within the Forecasting and Analytics (F&A) team, whose primary responsibilities are projecting required headcount and contact quantity and arrival.
What you will do:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the various components of Wayfair’s differentiated Service model and how the various aspects of Workforce Planning work together to support the operation.
- Act as the primary contact point and project owner for an F&A vertical, working with other team members on task/analysis requirements and delivery.
- Develop resource planning models for various service support departments synthesizing workload drivers, link to business forecast, and key agent productivity driver.
- Develop tactical hiring and headcount ramp plans in conjunction with output of model.
- Analyze and assess downstream effect on required headcount resources and expenses stemming from contact optimization initiatives that impact Customer Services KPI’s (e.g, contacts per order, average handle time, first contact resolution)
- Blueprint and iterate on methodologies to forecast anticipated contact volume based on unprecedented business drivers (i.e., promotions) or new operating models (i.e., 24/7)
- Drive global alignment for F&A across geographies, while understanding local market differences/nuances that require unique market-driven solutions.
- Own analysis and trend development as the subject matter expert on select peripherals (i.e., absenteeism, attrition, wage rates, contact reasons) underlying core forecasting outputs. Assemble findings / trends / results into reports / dashboards / graphics / visuals / summaries for seamless consumption and comprehension by Sales & Service leadership.
- Identify gaps in current processes / reporting that are currently under-served and self-initiate assignments to provide additional visibility in these areas
What you will need:
- BA/BS degree, with strong academic record (preference with a background from economics, math, computer science, business, or another analytical field)
- 3+ years of relevant business experience (e.g., corporate strategy/analytics, consulting)
- Strong quantitative skills and an affinity for working with data Highly advanced Excel skills (SQL proficiency a plus, but not required)
- Passion for analytical work that often requires resourcefulness in interpreting, collecting, and cleaning data
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to self-start and receptive to working with data / projects that contain ambiguous elements Ability to lead discussions and work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- Positive, people-oriented and enthusiastic attitude
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.