As an Associate Director in Vertical Marketing, you will focus on growing the off-site customer attention for this part of our business, primarily by driving the quantity and quality of visitor traffic to Wayfair. The Vertical Marketing teams -- Furniture & Decor, Renovations, Outdoor & Appliances, and Housewares & More -- also represent a cross-functional mandate, bringing the best of Wayfair’s capabilities to our customers in a product-nuanced manner. We are constantly innovating across our many Marketing channels and working in conjunction with partners across the organization such as Category Management, Promotions, and more. You will work alongside a results-driven teams that takes a highly analytical lens to our work, and ultimately serves as an accelerant to Wayfair’s overall growth.
What You'll Do
- Your core responsibility is to understand our customer in these specific categories (i.e. Furniture,, Housewares, etc.) and bring them to Wayfair
- You will be responsible for designing the strategy, testing, and execution plans to grow the business using all available Marketing channels
- Ideas for great strategy come from many places; you would be expected to partner with colleagues in Category Management, Marketing and Profit Management to formulate the strategies most relevant to our current and potential customers
- You will disseminate your hypotheses and what you've learned from tests to senior leaders in the company as well as teams who work across the four Verticals and more, and where applicable, to Wayfair’s Lifestyle Brands and other geographies
- You will manage the implementation, measurement and reporting of your efforts with the help of analysts
What You'll Need
- Post-MBA experience of 5+ years in operating roles or 2+ years at a top-tier consulting firm, financial services firm, or tech-focused company; comfort with working in matrixed or cross-functional organizations is a must
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy; advanced excel skills needed, basic SQL skills preferred
- Willingness to engage in the learn-improve-teach cycle with stakeholders at multiple levels - both junior and senior to your role
- 1+ years management experience, including success in building and scaling teams
- “Get stuff done” attitude – Willingness to roll up your sleeves and engage deeply with analysts or managers, across multiple teams and agendas, to accomplish what needs to be done
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- Relevant experience in retail (category management, merchandising, pricing) or ad tech, especially in e-commerce contexts, is preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.