Head of Business Solutions Group
Wayfair Professional helps businesses make good spaces great. With 700 sales personnel reaching businesses of all sizes, Wayfair Professional is growing rapidly. In partnership with our sales teams, the Business Solutions Group provides value added services to our clients. These services include space planning and design, advanced sourcing, installation and project management. Through these activities, Wayfair Professional offers clients an excellent experience for clients from first design concept to installation. Wayfair Professional fosters an environment that attracts talented personnel with design expertise who are industry experts across a wide set of trade segments including flooring, lighting, plumbing as well as furniture and decor.
About the Role:
As the Head of the Business Solutions group you will take our specialized services team to the next level. The Business Solutions Group offers services to secure and support mid to large projects that cross many areas of expertise to bring a customer vision to fruition. The current service offering includes design and space planning, advanced sourcing and installation. You will establish the vision for service expansion, examining which areas will appeal most to the customer, where Wayfair Professional can drive the most value, and enhance the overall client experience.
What you Will Do:
- Define Business Solutions group long term strategy considering B2B growth requirements and optimal use of BSG services to drive differentiation. Set plan to achieve scale and maintain margin.
- Continue ongoing development of service offering based on customer feedback, sales input, and industry trends.
- Develop a roadmap for specialized skills based on your vision for requested services.
- Design efficient workflow processes to establish a reliable project process with defined milestones and timelines, including monitoring processes to identify areas of potential constraint requiring attention. Establish project management best practices.
- Partner with the Manager of the Interior Design team to continue to adapt team structure with the growth of the organization, and plan required resources and systems to support business expansion.
- Assess impact of services to sales results and customer experience, partner with Sales, Marketing, Storefront, Category and Operations teams to provide feedback and continuously improve Wayfair assets.
- Mentor teams regarding industry and supplier knowledge.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing strategic roadmap from inception to implementation, gauge results and adjust based on internal and external feedback.
- 10+ years experience in environments requiring complex project management in client service environment - Architecture and Design, Engineering, Advertising, Consulting or similar.
- Knowledge of capacity and workforce planning.
- Experience developing streamlined workflows, assuring clear processes and handoffs.
- Experience working with suppliers, gauging lead times, quality, service experience, and conducting projects through shop drawing and revisions process.
- Strong coaching, communication and team management skills, ability to partner with a broad set of internal and external constituents.
- Ability to use data to monitor key success factors including throughput and quality to accurately gauge required capacity and skill requirements.
- Ability to adapt to fast paced environment and establish new services from vision to implementation.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.