Wayfair’s Operations Product Innovation team is looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the development and delivery within our Supply Chain Intelligence - Delivery Dates platform.
We’re entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
The Supply Chain Intelligence - Delivery Dates team is responsible for accurately and dynamically calculating dates (shipment and delivery) to set delivery expectations to customers. We do this through scaling and designing new features as part of our lead time and delivery estimate platform, and by owning the data architecture to understand the capabilities within our complex supply chain network. To accomplish this, we partner with our Operations teams to understand company strategy for delivery speed and cost optimization, we partner with the retail product teams to ensure customers see the speed and value Wayfair offers through its delivery services, and we partner with our Engineering teams to design and build the functionality that drives successful outcomes.
What You’ll Do:
- You will drive technology solutions to support the rapid growth and expansion of Wayfair’s growing and complex supply chain network.
- Develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders.
- Maintain a network of key stakeholders, involving them in requirements gathering and planning of emerging projects, and keeping them informed with regular updates at appropropriate levels of strategic and technical detail.
- You will serve as the internal subject matter expert on all facets of the technology platform.
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives.
- Align with other product, technology, and operations teams to successfully coordinate and deliver shared projects.
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features.
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years product management experience working with operational systems, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights while understanding business strategy and metrics.
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment.
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically while managing through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals.
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages.
Example initiatives you will lead:
- Design, build and scale a platform that leverages real time information to provide delivery date promises to customers.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to make our delivery promises to customer more nuanced to support key speed strategies like Same Day delivery and weekend delivery.
- Define processes and platform required to leverage changes in our carrier’s network to make more aggressive delivery promises to customers
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.