Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case – it’s visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 10 million products: Home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Our software engineering teams work hard to conceal the complexity of this experience. Every customer should come away feeling like they’ve found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and we’re the team that makes that happen.
The Storefront Promotions team is responsible for developing the technology that drives all of the promotions supported by the Wayfair.com website. In addition to promotional codes, this includes “Gift with Purchase”, “Upcoming Events”, “Closeouts”, “Open Box”, “Flash Deals” and “Sales Hub”. Promotions are an increasingly important component of revenue; as Wayfair grows, we need to scale the platform to support our revenue goals.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to work closely with stakeholders to build the tools and customer facing interfaces that support promotions. Responsibilities include building a strong team through effective hiring, mentoring, and training, partnering closely with Product, Design, QA, and Analytics to develop the team’s vision, roadmap, and quarterly OKRs, effectively managing technical debt, coaching technical architects to develop the long-term vision for the platform, and working with software and infrastructure stakeholders across the engineering organization.
What You'll Do
You will manage a growing team that is responsible for developing the promotions platform and customer facing promotional experiences.
You will join the Storefront team as a key contributor to the development of our technology and will be expected to:
- Grow the team from 12 to 30+ engineers and managers
- Provide architecture leadership to achieve the platform and business goals
- Design and build highly scalable, resilient, performant services that interface with web applications, mobile applications, and third-party services.
- Instill best practices within the engineering team.
- Work closely with Product Management to refine the requirements and prioritize engineering activities.
- Work with QA on developing testing processes, frameworks, and automation strategies
- Work with platform architects on software and optimal access patterns, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks.
What You'll Need
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent with ten (10) years experience in managing software development teams.
- Expertise in software architecture and design for systems at scale.
- Demonstrated ability to hire and develop employees.
- Track record of cross functional partnering and delivering products on time.
- Experience in managing development for mobile platforms is a plus.
- Experience managing a team of Engineering Managers a strong plus.
- Proficient in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.